[VC Walcot] Weekend Rides 15-16 Dec 2012

VC Walcot vc_walcot at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 15:12:47 EST 2012

Hi All,
There are three rides heading out this weekend.
Saturday #cyclewithoutmichael - 0900, opposite the Guildhall. Mike Young is still off in Swindon somewhere building car parks but this ride goes ahead regardless. Just turn up, see who's there and decide on a route amongst yourselves. Standard distance is approx 20-30 miles.
Sunday Group Ride - There's nobody available currently to lead (Chariman Paul may be out on Sunday) but don't fret as there's always one of our standard routes in reserve. Easy to navigate on well known roads. http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/sunday-group-ride-default-north-winter Usual pace of approx 15mph.
Sunday Easyriders - Jon and Nick have got a little route planned out to Chew Valley Lake and back. Nice easy pace as per the previous ride, approx 12mph. http://www.vc-walcot.com/post/37901316068/easyriders-part-deux-sunday-16th-dec-9-30am
Both Sunday rides will meet 0930 opposite the Guildhall as always. Click the link for our website post about the Easyriders.
British Cycling Membership for FREE - If you haven't been a member of British Cycling before you can now get a Bronze membership for nothing or a discounted Silver/Ride one. This is a real bargain. Check out what's on offer anyway. http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubs/article/20120607-club-static-Club-member-joining-British-Cycling-for-the-first-time--0
All this week I've been updating our presence on the British Cycling website. They have a new club management tool which is currently in beta testing but is already proving very useful. Most of it will only interest club Secretaries like me but they have a function to support newsletters which I would like to start using in 2013 once it's working fully. As part of the process I will migrate all club member details over to their secure server so that I can publish newsletters. It will improve on our weekly group email and also slowly I will move away from our current email set-up as it is not guaranteed we can continue with what we have. All background stuff but I just wanted to keep you informed of what's happening with the small amount of data the club holds.
I also hope to run our membership renewals through the British Cycling website next to make things easy and secure. More on that in March when subs are due for 2013-2014.
Cheers all and have a great weekend.
Laurie.