[VC Walcot] Christmas 2012 Rides

Velo Club Walcot vc_walcot at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 08:17:44 EST 2012

Hi All,
Thought I'd get in there early this week with the ride details.
Group RidesCurrent Jon Arnold will lead this Sunday's ride and Jason Bhandari will look after the following Sunday. I'll post the routes as and when they appear so keep your eyes peeled on your email, Twitter, Facebook or our website.
The next Easyriders will be on 6th Jan led by Jon and Nick with me leading the club group ride.
British Cycling MembershipI noticed a few new members pop up on my British Cycling dashboard this week. Looks like you've been taking advantage of the current offer.  http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubs/article/20120607-club-static-Club-member-joining-British-Cycling-for-the-first-time--0 If any of you are already BC members but don't have us down as your 1st or 2nd claim club then make sure you amend your details. Once the BC club management tool comes out of beta I'll be able to manage a good deal of the club's communication through it. Having as many club members on there as possible greatly decreases the club's admin.
Please note!During January next year I will be looking at options to move away from our current group email setup (vc-walcot at vc-walcot.com) to something that will be more suited to the club's future needs. At the moment we have 95 people listed on this group email but approx 55 club members. I will only be subscribing club members plus a few others to the new distribution list. If you are not a current member but want to continue receiving updates then please email: enquiries at vc-walcot.com
Membership FormsI will also be changing our membership form for 2013-2014 to bring the club into line with the current BC rules. This is mostly to incorporate the 'Safeguarding Children' policies but will also mean that in the future you will not need to fill out a membership form every year, only when your address or circumstances change. I'll publish the new form on the website in January.
Otherwise, have a great Christmas and I'll see you if you're out on 6th Jan.
Laurie.