[VC Walcot] Club and Membership Update

VC Walcot vc_walcot at hotmail.co.uk
Mon May 21 09:13:23 EDT 2012

Hi All,
It's been a busy few weeks for the club and as such the regular updates and ride notifications on email have fallen by the wayside a little.
It seems, however, this hasn't dented the enthusiasm for our Sunday Group Rides. We've regularly seen numbers in excess of 15 each Sunday which considering the weather of late has been outstanding. There is a steady flow of new people joining the rides for a taste of what its like, returning for more the week after and subsequently becoming members. Membership this year has exceeded everybody's expectations, so much so that I ran out of the self-laminating membership cards. I've now managed to source a few more so those of you who have been waiting for your membership card (9 in total) it should arrive this week. If you're planning to be at our round of Bath Cycle Races on Wednesday you can pick it up then otherwise I will post them on Thursday to your home addresses.
Our club kit was delivered in April and it appears to have gone down very well with those who ordered. I still have 2 pieces left over from cancelled orders; 1 x XL Green Jersey and 1 x S Green Gilet. If you would like to purchase one of these then please drop me a quick email or speak to me the next time you see me. I'm getting requests for kit regularly and it is possible to do another kit order this year but we would need to reach the required discount level to make it worthwhile. An order which comprises a mixture of 20 x Tops (jerseys/gilets/jackets etc.) gets us the standard discount which means that a club jersey will cost approx £53 depending on what we get charged for delivery from Kalas. It really is great kit and you won't see better round these parts!
If you're looking for some evening riding now that the weather is getting better and the days very much lighter Bath Amphibians are still running their rides up to the Castle Combe circuit every Tuesday evening. This entails a ride up to Castle Combe, riding session around the circuit and then return to Bath getting back before dark. They meet at 5-30pm at the bottom of Bathwick Hill. If anybody has got any questions then let me know and I will pass them on. A number of the Bath Amphibians have been joining us for Sunday rides so if you are considering going up to the race circuit use this as an opportunity for some ride buddies there and back.
Finally, in a previous email I mentioned the Summer All-Dayer Ride to Clevedon and back. I'd hoped to run this on 17th June but a number of other commitments have got in the way of this so I will be moving it to 1st July instead. Expect the ride to start at 9am, either at our usual location or where we can have a quick caffeine hit before heading off towards the Mendips. This is the route http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/bath-clevedon-bath-august-classic and more details here http://www.vc-walcot.com/events
Hopefully I'll see many of you on Wednesday evening in the park for our round of Bath Cycle Races. If you haven't been so far then it's really worth the trip, even better if you're doing a bit of marshalling at the same time ;0)
Cheers, Laurie.