[VC Walcot] Frome and District Wheelers open 10

Lowenna Smith L.C.Smith at bath.ac.uk
Wed May 5 08:49:19 EDT 2010

Hello,

The Frome and District Wheelers open 10 mile time trial takes place at
Maiden Bradley (south of Frome) on 29/05/2010 at 15.00. We have had a
good club presence (and some success) at this event in the past and it
would be nice to do so again (there are already a few signed up). It
is not the fastest course in the region (though good times are still
achieved) but it is a very friendly event, with a good range of
abilities and cheap 'granny' cake available afterwards that would put
the WI to shame (trust me I've tasted a lot of cake). So why not come
along, support another local club and have a go...

For those of you who have not entered an open event before here is
what you need:

a) a bike

b) to be able to ride it for 10 miles

c) be a member of a CTT affiliated club (VC Walcot is, so just make
sure you have renewed your membership - form attached)

d) to fill in a CTT entry form (attached) and send it to the organiser:

A Greatwood
13 Cranmore Close
Trowbridge
BA14 9BU,

along with a cheque for £7 (payable to Frome and District Wheelers and
includes a cup of tea) at least a fortnight in advance. Note our
district is West DC.

e) ride hard for 10 miles until you feel sick and then grin like idiot
knowing you now have a time to beat!

This is great intro into racing and is a lot of fun however fast you are.

I hope to see some of you there. Don't hesitate to ask me questions -
if you don't want to email the whole club click on my email address
rather than clicking reply.

Cheers,
Low