BathMTB: Who's out tonight and Last Weeks Ride Report

Chris Fice chris_fice at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 29 09:58:52 EST 2012

RR 22/2/12

Four hardy souls braved the rain last week. Two even managed to finish the ride with their bikes intact!

Rich and I rode from the start point to meet Dave and Henry at odd down. Henry was on his brand new 11sp alfine equipped on-one (un-tested) and had problems with the rear wheel slipping from the off. Later in the ride he had light issues, then to top it off, a flat.

Meanwhile at the front, Rich had an altercation with a chunky looking twig that completely destroyed his X0 (carbon) rear mech.

Yep, the ride was going great.

Not sure really where we went - Dave can probably fill you in tonight if you're interested. All I remember is that we were near the high point of the ride when Rich's mech broke, which was lucky for him, as he used his bike as a scooter to make it down to the Marlborough before any of us with fully functioning steeds!

Hoping for fewer mechanicals this evening :-)

Chris

Sent from my iPhone
+44 7548 672483
chris_fice at hotmail.com