BathMTB: RE: Riding tonight?.. and Sky Ride Leaders Course.. and regular Saturday Ride??

DES ESCIT-SSS AS (Stewart, Andrew C1) DESESCIT-SSSAS at mod.uk
Wed Nov 16 09:48:41 EST 2011

No me this evening unfortunately, meeting at School.

Might be finished in time for joining you at pub - will give you a call Chris.

I've posted details on the Facebooky page about a Sky Ride Leaders course  on Sat 3rd December (followed up by a Route planning workshop the following week).

You might recall both Tony and I did the course last year.

Gives you a BC Level 1 qualification, enhanced CRB check, nice blue kit (jersey and jacket), (plus first aid kit and 'throw line' if you are a leader!!).. on condition that you agree to do 4 rides.

(For which you'd get paid - £45 if you lead - £35 if you're 'assistant').

Tony and I plan to do the Route Planning workshop.

TEN places available so get in early.

Drop me a line if you're interested.

Finally, interesting Bath CC AGM last week. We've formally established an 'off-road' section. Don't worry - no plans to turn Weds nights into a club ride(!!!) but potential to organise weekend rides as 'club' rides (under 'clubs' insurance etc. Was thinking first Sat morning of the month from Cadence aiming to arrive back at the coffee shop same time as the roadies (Bath and Cadence)?

All welcome whatever but have been talking to Tony idea of making them 'joint' rides with Walcot / Cadence. VC Walcot AGM in a couple of weeks (2nd Dec) so Saturday 3rd Dec might also be the first 'official' MTB ride??

Andy