[VC Walcot] Thursday Nights at Odd Down

Andy Stewart analogueandy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 23 09:28:03 EDT 2013

Thanks Russell and yes, sorry for SPAMming the entire membership! My message was meant to go to Jonathan via the VC Walcot Hotmail ad!

With another apologies for doing it again then (!), thanks for your thanks!

Thursday night training has built steadily over the summer and last night proved to be the biggest yet - a total 61 riders in all, including 29 who came from Westbury Wheelers.

Thanks to them and to everyone else who's been coming up to support Thursday nights.

We ended up running some fun structured sessions last night but I appreciate that got in the way of some who were trying to do their own hard paced efforts! Thanks for their understanding too :-)

None of this would have been possible without Andy and Linda Curran who've given up their time freely every Thursday just for the pleasure of seeing people getting the opportunity to ride.

I'm sure I speak for everyone in both Clubs when I say a heart-felt "Thanks" to them.

We're hoping to squeeze 3 more 'Thursday nights' out of the summer before we lose the light - 6pm until dusk.

I know most of us have been to ride at Odd Down at some point since it opened, but if you haven't yet then do come and give it a try. It's got some 'interesting' bends, smooth tarmac and no potholes or cars, and is always fun to ride!

Yours in cycling,

Andy Stewart