[VC Walcot] Odd Down 2013 Calendar

VC Walcot vc_walcot at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 07:10:02 EST 2012

With subject added!
 From: vc_walcot at hotmail.co.uk
To: vc-walcot at vc-walcot.com
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:08:08 +0000

Hi all, As you may know, the new circuit at Odd Down should be up and running
April 2013. Along with Bath CC and Somer Valley CC, I am meeting with British Cycling and BaNES next Wed evening, 28th Nov,
to look at establishing / kicking off the 2013 events calendar for Odd Down. Please let me know what your thoughts are for using the
track.  What cycling events / sessions / races etc would you like to see happen, and when? We talked about various things at the AGM and some things are already taking shape. For example, alongside BaNES, Bath CC and hopefully Somer Valley CC, youth training / racing at Odd Down is taking shape.  This includes the club appointing a welfare officer and moving towards Go Ride status with British Cycling. So, when (time of day, mid week or weekend) would you suggest regular training sessions (youth, adult etc) are held? Likewise, if a race series was run, what sort of event and when i.e. evening etc? What about linking with Sky Ride, Bike Bath and Bike Week?  Plus promoting other cycle initiatives such as Two Tunnels. It's time to put the proverbial pen to paper and fix some dates, so all thoughts welcome. If you can respond by Tuesday, 27th Nov, evening it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.Jonathan Arnold