[VC Walcot] AGM Follow-up | Sunday Group Ride | Dates for you diary

VC Walcot vc_walcot at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 06:09:11 EST 2012

Hi All,

First of all, Happy New Year to you all.
Sunday Group RideThis Sunday's ride will be led by me. 35 miles (I have to be back for 1200-1230, family orders!) out towards Bitton, Dyrham, Pucklechurch, Tormarton and back through Marshfield, Ashwicke Rd and Bannerdown. If we've had any overnight frost then I may cut out the section between Upton Cheney and Wick as we had a few riders come off on some ice in the lanes there a few years ago. We can always carry on through Bitton and take the road that leads to Siston Common which ends up in Pucklechurch anyway. It shouldn't add any mileage but is a little less picturesque. We'll see what the weather does. Map link here: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/sun-15th-jan-group-ride Any questions then email me at enquiries at vc-walcot.com
AGM Follow-UpJon Arnold and I met last Friday to discuss which one of us would cover the various tasks required to keep the club ticking over. We divvied them up as follows:
Jon: Treasurer, Bath Cycle Races liaison, CTT membership & liaison, Open Hill Climb organiser, Sunday Ride LeaderLaurie: Secretary, British Cycling liaison, club membership/promotion/kit, Classics & Summer Ride organiser, Sunday Group Ride organiserChairperson: currently open for 2012 but this will be discussed again at the next AGMSunday Group Ride Leaders: Low, Laurie, Jon Arnold, John Stevenson, Paul Robson, James Lamb & Jason Bhandari.
If anybody fancies leading a ride this year then please let me know. There are always occasions when none of the recognised leaders are able to make it.
Apart from this the main input we will need from club members and affiliates is marshalling for Bath Cycle Races and our Open Hill Climb. All help is welcome with these events.
2012 Dates and EventsClassics Ride 15th April - I originally logged the event on Facebook as 8th April but then realised this clashed with Easter Sunday so I've moved it to Sunday after. It still sits nicely in the middle of European Classics calendar. The route will be confirmed nearer the time after I've done some recon on the lanes we'll be using.
Bath Cycle Races - each Weds in May. Our host race has not been confirmed yet but once Jon knows more details we can put some more concrete plans together
Summer Ride - 16/17 or 23/24 June. I have an idea for a unique type of ride to mark mid summer but I'll discuss with those out on group rides etc. to see what people think. Otherwise  we will run a longer Sunday Group Ride with a lunch stop.
Open Hill Climb 7th Oct, 10am - have a go or help with marshalling but please get involved. We ran our best event ever in 2011 and we want to continue in the same vein.
For a small club like ours I think that's enough to be going on with. If there any other ideas, especially for rides, then please let me know.
Club Kit Order The 2012 club kit order is imminent (probably next week). Prices have been confirmed for 2012 by Kalas, I just need to sort out the spreadsheet and do some updating.
Cheers,
Laurie.