[VC Walcot] Bath Cycle Races & Bike Bath

Jonathan Arnold jonathan.arnold at homecall.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 18:37:41 EDT 2012

Hi all,

HELP PLEASE!

-------------------------------------

BATH CYCLE RACES (May 2012)

I met with the other organisers for the Bath Cycle Races this evening.  We
walked the course in Victoria Park to finalise details for the 5 race series
taking part every Wednesday evening during May.

If you are looking to race I suggest using the online entry, if only because
it's cheaper than entry on the day!  Entries for Round 1, 3rd/4th Cat race
in particular are filling up fast.

http://www.bathcycleraces.co.uk/the_races/

VC Walcot are hosting Round 4 on Wednesday 23 May and we need 12 volunteers
to help marshal.

This is our chance to show the club off to a wider audience, and I've
already had 5 or 6 people say they can help which is fantastic.

Simply put, the event can't run without your input.

If you can offer your time from approx 6:15pm onwards can you please drop me
an email (including those I've already asked and / or have offered) so that
I can put a list together.  Marshals need not necessarily be club members,
so if your husband / wife / partner etc wants to keep you company and help
out they would be most welcome.

Otherwise, it would be great to have as many as possible come along and
shout your encouragement.  There's coffee, tea and cakes etc on hand to
purchase for each round.

--------

BATH CYCLE RACES in association with BIKE BATH (Sat 23rd June 2012)

A separate, 6th race is being planned as part of Bike Bath's weekend of
cycling.  This will be held late afternoon / early evening on Saturday 23rd
June 2012.

Details of the race are to be finalized, but this also requires marshals
(approx 20).

Bike Bath are offering free entry to the Sportive on Sunday 24th June 2012
to members of the 5 clubs running the May race series who help marshal the
race on Saturday 23rd June 2012.

http://www.bikebath.co.uk/events/routes-and-costs/

This will be on a first come first serve basis, so if you want to take up
this offer please email me as soon as possible.  With the offer going out to
5 clubs the free entry places are likely to go very quickly!

Many thanks in advance for all your help.  Any questions please feel free to
ask.

Regards,

Jonathan.