[VC Walcot] British Cycling Training

Jonathan Arnold jonathan.arnold at homecall.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 17:12:14 EST 2011

Hi all,

British Cycling are running two training courses in Bath.  In the first
instance, both are gearing up to help with next year's Sky Ride Local
programme.

http://www.goskyride.com/

The good folks at British Cycling are keen to get as much as they can out of
the Sky Ride programme so as to leave as big a legacy possible.

One of the ways this can be achieved is by using our knowledge of the local
roads.

There is a need to re-evaluate some of the routes used for the Sky Rides.

Can you help?

Ride Leader & Route Planner training as follows:

Saturday, 03 December 2011: Ride Leaders.

Having completed the Ride Leaders course, you are eligible to do the Route
Planning, as follows:

Saturday, 10 December 2011: Route Planning.

The courses are free and you get paid a small amount for the work you do.
All you are asked to do is be available to lead at least 4 rides.

However, if you want to help with route planning but feel you cannot help
with the ride leading, fear not.

While your help with ride leading is very welcome, British Cycling are very
keen to tap into local riders knowledge of the roads and routes to ride.
Hence, while you will need to do the Ride leaders course it is possible you
may not have to lead rides.

Having club members trained by British Cycling also helps the club, giving
it knowledge and credibility.  You can put it on your CV!

Let me know if you are interested and I will pass your details on.

If you want to know more let me know.  Some of you will also know Tony Solon
or Andy Stewart, both of whom have done the ride leaders course.  Talk to
them about it.

Both Andy Stewart and I will be doing the Route Planning course.

There are limited places on the courses, so if you are keen don't hang
around.

Cheers,

Jonathan.