Re: [VC Walcot] VC Walcot Open Hill Climb – 3 October 2010

mark smith mark.a.r.smith at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 12:13:03 EDT 2010

And if you need some tips to go faster, (or just want to see some awesome
pics from last years event)  check out the bikeradar article here:
http://bikeradar.com/fitness/article/technique-how-to-become-a-hill-climbing-star-12092

On 27 Aug 2010 13:07, "James Ford" <jmf342001 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Calling all members of VC Walcot - your club needs you!

The next edition of the hugely sucessful Open Hill Climb is being held
at *15:00
on Sunday 3 October 2010 *on “The Avenue” between Claverton and Bath
University.  It would be great to have strong club support (both in terms of
entries, and road-side helpers) to ensure a successful event and to
reinforce the club’s profile.

*Race entries*

An Entry form is attached (note the Hill Climb section is on page 2).
Completed
entry forms should be sent to me (James Ford) at Manor Cottage, Freshford,
BA2 7TX.  Cheques for £7 should be made out to Velo Club Walcot, and should
be recieved by me before *19 September 2010.  *Early entries are encouraged.
Details can be found on http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/ (which is one
of the most badly organised website I've ever seen).

*Marshals and other helpers*

For those wanting a more sedate Sunday there are several other areas in
which we require your help.  It would be great if you could still marshal,
or volunteer for another luminous-jacket wearing position.  Please let me
know (preferably by return email) whether you are able to help out on the
day.

A huge thanks must go to all those that helped last year and I hope they
found it enjoyable enough to return this year!  It is essential that we have
enough marshals for the day, so please do what you can to support your the
club for this great event.

Please feel free to email me with any queries!

Kind regards,

James

07900 926094