[VC Walcot] Newport Track Day - 14 March 2010

Jonathan Arnold jonathan.arnold at homecall.co.uk
Sun Jan 31 08:57:23 EST 2010

Hi all,

A reminder that the VC Walcot track day is booked for 9:00am to 12:00am,
Sunday 14 March 2010.

There are still places (plus we have lost one to a hen party!) so if you
haven’t signed up and want to come along please send me an email. All the
details are below.

What with all this snow and ice this winter it will give you an opportunity
to kick start your year.

Don’t be put off if you haven’t been before, you will not be the only one
and the sessions are well organised by Sports Coaching.

List so far, including bike size where I know them, is:

1.       Jonathan Arnold – 58cm

2.       Mark Baile

3.       Andy Blackwell – 58cm

4.       Ian Cade

5.       Jim Cartridge

6.       Laurie Chalk – 54cm

7.       Richard Fawkes – 58cm

8.       James Ford – 54cm

9.       Pete Giddings – 56cm

10.   Rick Hewes

11.   James Lamb – 58cm

12.   Ian Savage – 56cm

13.   Roy Slide

14.   Tony Solon

15.   John Stevenson

16.   Paul Robson – 56cm

17.   Tavis Walker – 56cm

Apologies if I have missed something, but can you please let me know your
typical bike frame size as I need to let Sports Coaching know in advance.

Details of the day as follows:

Venue:

Wales National Velodrome

Newport International Sport Village
Velodrome Way
Newport
South Wales
NP19 4RB

Time and Date:

Sunday 14 March 2010 between 9:00 & 12:00am.

Bikes, Shoes, Helmet and Mitts/Gloves and the like:

The cost includes hire of a track bike (If you have your own dedicated track
bike you can use it subject to Sports Coaching inspecting and approving it
on the day).

You will need either Look Delta cleats for your shoes, or alternatively you
can wear trainers with clips/straps. You will not be allowed to change the
pedals on the hire bikes, so please don't ask.

You must wear a helmet, so bring one with you.

You must wear cycling mitts or gloves, so bring some with you.

You will spend some time off the bike, so bring a top layer etc you can
easily take on and off to keep warm and a bit of food and drink to keep you
fuelled.

Cost:

£30 per person (just to let you know, the cost of the track hire has gone up
but Sports Coaching are not passing that on to us so the price remains the
same as last year).

Judging by the smiles on everybody’s faces the last time this proved a very
popular trip.

As its first come first served please email me back as soon as you can, with
a brief note as to your 1) track experience i.e. total novice, been a couple
of times over the last year, experienced but not accredited, accredited etc
and 2) typical bike frame size.

Please make cheques payable to Velo Club Walcot and send to:

Jonathan Arnold

18 Hargreaves Road

Trowbridge

Wiltshire