[VC Walcot] Marmotte

James Ford jmf342001 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 10:23:22 EST 2010

The campsite in Bourg D'Oisan is fine.  I'd book in advance to be sure, but it would probably be ok on the day.

My top tips would be (i) to go out a few days before if you can, to get a feel for the mountains, and (ii) don't go flat out along the valley to the base of the telegraphe, blow up near Valoire and end up collapsed in the shade shovelling down Brie sandwiches.

Good luck.  It is brutal.