[VC Walcot] Hill climb photos

en1pfg at bath.ac.uk en1pfg at bath.ac.uk
Thu Sep 10 07:10:39 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone

This is request from Tim who is aiming at creating a documentary piece
on the hill climb with a view to securing prizes/cash to fund the
event in return for the feature. It would be great if some of you
could help him get some photos to make his sales-pitch more appealing.
Also, if your employer or other companies you have contacts with may
be interested in sponsoring the event then please let me know. I can
contact them directly with details of whatis involved.

Hopefully you have all been telling your cycling friends, triatlete
buddies and reminding people to get there entries in to me ASAP. Also,
if you aren't marshalling on the day (if you would like to get in
touch) then you can enter youreslf, we need Walcoters to ride too.

*-------
In preparation for VC Walcot's first open event, the Hill Climb up American
Museum Road, I was hoping to check a couple of methods for taking
photographs. Some of it involves quite a tricky technique, so I was hoping
some people might be around at some point this week or weekend to quickly
do a quick rep or two up the top of the road that the American Museum is on.

You only need to do a short section just so I can get a couple of shots to
check it works and so I have some samples for pitching a hill climb article
to a cycling magazine in return for contributions to the prize list/money.

I'm around tomorrow (Friday afternoon), so if anyone who works at the
university campus or is passing by between 1700 and 1800 that would be
great. Otherwise an hour at the weekend. If people could let me know when
they might be willing and able to come, so I know when I should be there or
not. Then I'll send another email with the most mutually convenient weekend
time.

I did a few yesterday (see the link below) but would like to get a few more
to make sure it's fairly reproducible for the event.

<http://people.bath.ac.uk/en1tph/hill%20climb.html>

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Holsgrove