BathMTB: Midsummer Madness 2016 - Tuesday 21st June

Andy Stewart analogueandy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 08:21:12 EDT 2016

The guys from VC Walcot would like to repeat Midsummer Madness this year..  (the last time we did it was 2014 from Combe Hay with two road and one MTB route options).
It's been suggested that we could finish (and start?) this time at the new Locksbrook Inn (the old Dolphin) that's been taken over and is being gutted and reopened by the same people who own the Marlborough Tavern and Hare and Hounds. They are keen to attract cyclists and it could be an ideal more 'central' location but with space for us all.
We could do a Lansdown based route and come back to the pub via the Railway Path or the river tow path.. I'll design a couple of routes (say a standard 25km and an hour Epic 40km?).. If people are up for it :-)
Most controversially.. The date! It's been suggested that we ride on the actual Midsummer night - Tuesday 21st June.
I hope I have a rideable MTB by then! Cheers to Simon for the offer of a loan if I haven't!
See everyone soon, before the 21st June hopefully!
Andy