BathMTB: Ride Report - 2nd January 2013 and Sat Ride (Tomorrow) and (Another) HONC reminder..

Andy Stewart analogueandy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 12:57:51 EST 2013

Well, the first 'Wednesday Night Ride' for me for 9 months!

Fearing a complete 'no show' I was really pleased when Mike came to join me at the start - great to chat - only problem was he didn't have a bike ;-) So I was to be 'all on my own' after all!

Waited until 6.35, bid fearwell to Mike (look forward to seeing you in April and July) and headed out along the canal to The George, did the lanes up through Northend and St Catherines Valley, dropped down the off-road descent to Beeks Mill and then the mega steep climb, erily through the mist to Marshfield.

Still lack power on the climbs and still got a stiff kneck and back pain but.. it was good to be out :-)

Stopped at the high point to stuff down a chunk  of Christmas Cake and then headed back along the Bannerdown Straight for home, flew down into Batheaston (thankfully my nerve doesn't seem too badly affected!) then slogged along the London Road. Back home for 9, a nice warm shower and fish pie. Here's looking forward to many more Weds Nights in 2013 :-)

Saturday - 9am from Cadence - planning to do a Lansdown Loop avoiding worst of the mud. Not spoken to Dave yet, Justin mentioned he was thinking of heading out for a couple of hours - could you be persuaded to dig out the SS? Coffee at the end.. but must get home for midday...

As Steve says.. HONC entries open from 12:00 - I'm definitely going to try to get an entry - it filled up in 40 minutes last year!

Here's to 2013..

Andy :-)