BathMTB: Ride Report

BOYD Kevin Kevin.Boyd at uk.thalesgroup.com
Thu Sep 20 05:03:01 EDT 2012

Hey All

I arrived at 6.25pm and with no body else there my heart sank as I thought I was on for a solo effort, thankfully Rich arrived at 6.30, then Steve popped by for a quick chat and finally Justin arrived (being a dad has done nothing for his time keeping, plus he admits he fell asleep !)

So we waved goodbye to Steve and headed off for a loop of Box. Along the very busy canal, there seems to be a big running club that head out this way now on a Wednesday, so runners passed we head up towards Browns but keeping to the road to go via Kingsdown and a little bit of track along the golf course, then out towards Hazlebury manor. Just for a change we did a anti clockwise loop around the house, for some reason Kevin thought it would be easier this way.....he was wrong. Justin was doing a great job on his SS as he cleared all the climbs. At Box we had a quick play in the woods which were by now very dark, summer really is over. Back out on the road Rich suspected he had a slow puncture, so stopped for some air.....10 minutes later we stopped again to change it, near Corsham. An uneventful ride over the fields to Colerne, although Justin suffered on his rigid as the churned up fields had now set hard. We were rang into Colerne by those darn campanologists and their bells. Finally we blasted along for the descent of Bannerdown, with Rich and Justin vying for fastest.

A great and more importantly DRY ride, will not be many more left so if nothing else try and get out this weekend so you too can say " Ah yes 2012 I did have one ride that was mud free".

Kevin

Kevin Boyd CEng
Information and Cyber Security IA Consultant
National Security and Resilience
Defence & Security C4I Systems
Thales UK
230 Bristol Business Park, The Close, Bristol BS16 1FJ
www.thalesgroup.com<http://www.thalesgroup.com>
 Mob: +44 (0) 7891602084
e-mail: kevin.boyd at uk.thalesgroup.com<mailto:kevin.boyd at uk.thalesgroup.com>