BathMTB: And then there were six

kevin boyd kaboyd at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 11:10:05 EDT 2012

Nice sunny evening as Kevin, Justin, Dan, Abi and new boy Chris set out along the canal for a Browns loop. Out along the canal, through Bathford and over the new sty to begin the first climb of the evening, as we wait at the top catching our breath who should appear but Randy so quick chat and off we go again. Browns is bone dry and lighting fast as we desend from the tower, everyone smiling as we regroup at the bottom. Quick blast along the road and take the right to do the little 'drop in' and then on to Salley in the Woods, Randy having the 'tool for the job' elects to do the down hill route to the canal, we follow a little slower.

Back on the Canal for a quick snack and then it's time for the Steps, pushing on to Monkton Coombe Randy, leaves us as he's on an 8.00pm deadline, Kevin takes the lead up the steps, I think he's the only one to make that night. Big legs Justin almost finishes himself off trying to clear it on his SS. We push on to the Uni for a quick play the the triple steps, a very friendly old boy is so impressed he waits to see Kevin go down and go up again, "not sure I could manage it on my old bike" he says.

With that we charge on for the last decent of the day, Kevin roles on to get the gate as eveybody zips past at warp speed. Just for a change we roll back in along the canal kicking up a cloud of dust......

Next week if we are lucky enough to remain dry we though we'd head out on a longer Wellow loop, snacks, lights and fluid a must.

Kevin