BathMTB: rid report

Boyd, Kevin Kevin.Boyd at uk.thalesgroup.com
Thu Mar 22 04:40:15 EDT 2012

Steve (Back after saddle sniffing for some months), Kevin, Dave, Chris and
Ben headed off promptly for Box at 6.30 hoping to catch 10 minutes of
daylight. We headed off along the canal before realising it's closed off.
Chris sporting his new forks was keen to get at the 'lumpy' stuff and try
them out; he'll be able to report back to his girlfriend, whose bike he
'borrowed' them from that all was good. Alas Kevin sporting his new 'goldy
lookin chain' didn't fair so well as it jumped round and generally shifted
badly - new chains who needs them.

So off we headed to Box woods usual route, missed out the little bit up to
the golf course, quick play in the bomb holes, the dreaded climb up to
Colerne taunted by those campanologists and their noisy bell ends. Then a
bit of 'in and off' along to Bannerdown, London road and into the Pig for a
swift half.

I think the hour changes this week so we get some daylight next week.

Kevin