BathMTB: how low can it go ?

Steve Gallagher Steve.Gallagher at futurenet.com
Thu Mar 15 11:24:15 EDT 2012

Weather's looking awful, got a dodgy rear-mech, really cannot wait!

Steve

On 15 Mar 2012, at 10:40 am, DES ESCIT-SSS AS (Stewart, Andrew C1) wrote:

We’ll have to swap ride reports Aileen :-)

So, as Kevin said it was a chilly one.

7 of us:
Richard (back on his Kona with the same mud on it from a year ago), Dave (single speedin), Chris, Justin, Ben, Kevin and Andy (got the rear brake workin’ by putting the old pads back in!) (..then discovered new chain was slippin over the cassette and chain sucking nicely every time I put any pressure on the pedals!).

Headed out Weston way along the Riverside Path and up through the hospital for a change, then the Dean Hill grassy footpath climb, on up to Prospect Stile, down into Northstoke,  BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER (Justin’s not seen a live one before apparently) climb up to the Golf Club, down to Langridge (sloppy in places and slippy slidy). Like Kevin said the temperature dropped down it t’valley.

Did the ‘new’ climb up through Swainswick (right out of Langridge), Shanks was ‘sloppy’ too. Ben cleared it, Justin tried and went ‘over the top’ Richard ripped a spoke out.

Back into Bath to the Pig, put the heater on and consumed two rounds of beer, crisps and porky scratchings (crunchy pig lard and salt lumps – I remembered this morning why I
should never eat them). After all putting a fiver in the kitty continues to grow, discussion ensued about how and why and who ;-)

As Kevin mentioned I’m aiming to do 200k.. tomorrow not Sat, hopefully the rain’ll hold off for then.

Not looking good for Sun 18th and the Longleat Sportive – is it only Steve doing it now??

O/O

Andy