BathMTB: Weekend Rides and Events

DES ESCIT-SSS AS (Stewart, Andrew C1) DESESCIT-SSSAS at mod.uk
Mon Jan 9 11:20:05 EST 2012

Weekend Rides:

Ok, here's the list so far:

Justin - FoD (Best to find a local who knows the trails, I have a few
contacts we could try).

Dan - Dartmoor - but no promises in term time and not during summer

Matt - Cardiff way

Tav - Yorkshire Dales 'late Summer'

Aileen - Brechfa 'good in the wet'

Kevin - Mendips 'March or April'

Steve - Quantocks

Chris - Wiltshire Wander (would have to be before he buggers off back to
Aus!)

Andy - Black Mountains and Purbecks (not at the same time - both travel
down Friday night, camp, Ride Saturday, stay Sat night travel back early
Sun)

Anyone else want to add to the list before we start fixing dates?? John?
Tony? ;-)

Loads more other ideas, including:

Cotswolds

Wye Valley

The Long Mynd

CYB

Radnorshire

Machynlleth

Betws y Coed
<http://mbwales.com/en/content/cms/Bases/Betws_y_Coed/Betws_y_Coed.aspx>

Coed Llandegla
<http://mbwales.com/en/content/cms/Centres/Coed_Llandegla/Coed_Llandegla
.aspx>

Clwyds <http://mbwales.com/en/content/cms/Bases/Clwyds/Clwyds.aspx>

Radnorshire
<http://mbwales.com/en/content/cms/Bases/Radnorshire/Radnorshire.aspx>

Exmoor

2012 Events

I'm also planning to do at least one 'event' each month (road / MTB,
audax / sportive / enduro). Potential to share transport / enter some as
a Team - eg SITS, BBF, MM and 24/12

Jan - I was hoping to get into the Brechfa Enduro on 22 Jan but it's now
full :-(  Next Year.  http://www.bikebrechfa.co.uk/events.htm

Feb - Road - 5 Feb Flap Jack 100km Audax.

Mar - Road - 3 Mar the 'infamous' Gospel Pass Audax 150km or 18 Mar
Lionheart Sportive? Or 25 Mar Barry's Ball Buster 110/200km

April - MTB: HoNC - 15 Apr and/or 8 April CRC Marathon Series R1 Builth
Wells

May - Date TBC - SPAM Erlestoke 12 hr. MTB 19/20 May - Heaven of the
South Cotswolds http://www.heavenofthesouth.co.uk/ or 19/20 May Cambrian
Bike Fest Llanltryd Wells or 14 May South Downs Way

Jun - Road Dragon Ride 10 June - now full. In the lottery won't know if
I have an entry until Feb or MTB - 10 Jun - Bristol Bike Fest. And / or
MTB 22-24 Mountain Mayhem Eastnor Malverns. - Enter as a team?? MTB/CX
Or 26 Jun Ridgeway 100 Super CX Sportive

Jul - MTB 7-8 Jul Bonty 24-12 Newnham - Team? And or 14-15 July CRC MTB
Marathon R3 Shropshire

Aug - MTB 4-5 CRC MTB Marathon R4 Abergavenny or 4-5 Sleepless in the
Saddle Catton Park, Staffs - Enter as a Team? Or 13 Aug Chilterns 100 or
date TBC Exmoor Explorer and Road 26 Aug - Bath to London ride.

Sep - MTB 15-16 Sep CRC MTB Marathon R5 Ruithin or 22 Sept London to
Brighton Off Road.

Oct - MTB Bristol Oktoberfest 13-14 Oct

Nov -

Dec -