BathMTB: Ride Report 1.2.12 and ride this Sat 9am from Cadenc e

Steve Gallagher Steve.Gallagher at futurenet.com
Fri Feb 3 08:58:55 EST 2012

Not riding this weekend road or trail, fair play for heading out on Wed, it's so freaking cold…

Steve

On 3 Feb 2012, at 1:47 pm, Boyd, Kevin wrote:

Brings a whole new meaning to the term skating on thin ice or should that be skating on thin sh!t……

Yes indeed I followed a slightly different path over the field, was doing ok too when the ice crust gave way, my front wheel sank 6 inches throwing me over the bars. Alas as my hands and right foot hit the frozen slop they also broke the frozen top resulting in me sinking up to my forearms and shin in very cold smelly cow sh!t.

Needless to say there was much laughing, at my expense I feel.

I may well have stank but at least I did not get wet, so no frost bite. It was so cold it all froze within 15 minutes so the smell calmed down a little.

Unfortunately by the time I had driven home in a nice warm car all the frozen ‘bum curry’ was melting all over my car…….yum

Smell you later………

Kevin