BathMTB: Re: Mountain Bike Rides

Andy Stewart analogueandy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 05:57:37 EST 2012

Hi Rupert,

Yep there is a group still riding - it's only mud ;-)

There's a regular 'Weds night' ride of about 3 hours that meets 6.30pm on the gravel island at the end of Widcombe High Street (actually Claverton Street) - between the two pedestrian crossings, over the footbridge behind Bath Spa Railway Station. 'Social' pace (ie. not slow but stopping to re-group regularly). You'll obviously need off-road capable lights. We sometimes stop at a pub at the end. (Not a club ride, no rules except bring a tube and wear a helmet). (No ride this week as it's the Christmas Curry instead!).

There's a Facebook page and an email list too (email 'subscribe' to the email ad above).

Plus people organise weekend rides (there's always a 'first Saturday of the month' ride from Cadence Bike Shp in Chelsea Road at 9am). Plus we share lifts to events etc.

A few of us are planning to ride the SPAM Winter Challenge on 30 Dec and we're in the process of organising a ride in the Forest Of Dean at some point.

Having said all that.. as you might have spotted on flickr - I had a major 'off' at the end of March and I've not been riding most of this year and have only just got back on so I'm currently not that much - incl riding Weds.

 Good to hear from you.

Hope to meet up sometime.

Andy